CURRENT – VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- June 21 – The Longest Day – Team event to raise funds and awareness. Held on the summer solstice (Wednesday June 21st) Teams are encouraged to create their own experience to symbolize the challenging journey of those living with this disease and their caregivers. More info at www.alz.org/tid. We need someone to volunteer to head this up.
- June 25-27 – National Marine Educators Association Conference(NMEA) – needs volunteers especially for silent auction (June 27th) and maybe for field trips. You can get more info at volunteer.nmea2017.org
- July 14-16 – A Ride to Remember – From Simpsonville-Mt Pleasant. In Charleston volunteers needed to water stop and finish line. More info at www.aridetoremember,org.
- SAVE-THE- DATE Sept 16, Saturday 9-11AM – Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Riverfront Park 1001 Everglade Ave, N Charleston. Our club has a team you can join or donate to. The website is alz.org/walk/. Enter your zip code and it will bring up the info on Charleston’s Walk. Our team is listed as – Lowcountry Parrothead Club. We will also let you know about volunteer opportunities to help with the walk and setting up a LCPHC table like we did last year.
PAST – Mar – May Volunteer Opportunities
- Thursday, March 30 and Friday, March 31 – Cooper River Bridge Run Expo – RMH is in need of volunteers at the Expo (in N. Chas) and the Bus Station (downtown). BUS STATION SHIFTS – Thursday shifts at the bus stations are: 11:30a-1:30p, 1:30p-3:30p, 3:30p-5:30p, and 5:30-7p. Expo shifts are Noon-2p, 2p-4p, 4p-6p and 6p-8p. Friday shifts at the bus station are 7a-9a, 9a-11a, 11a-1p, 1p-3p and 5p-7p. EXPO SHIFTS – 8a-10a, 10a-Noon, Noon-2p, 2p-4p, 4p-6p and 6p-8p. Contact Riley Matsen Steele at volunteer@RMHCharleston.org or call 843-723-7957.
- May 6, 11am – Adopt-a-Beach Cleanup – Meet in front of Dunleavy’s. All bags, gloves and picker-uppers will be provided. We will then go somewhere close by for lunch after.
PAST – January Volunteer Opportunities
- Take down Christmas tree at Ronald McDonald House – time and date to be determined
- Lowcountry Oyster festival January 29th at Boone Hall – Volunteer on behalf of Ronald McDonald House. Shifts are 9:15-Noon; 11:45-2:30; and 2:15-5:00. Volunteer by emailing Riley Matsen Steele at volunteer@RMHCharleston.org. Great event to volunteer at and we normally pass on information on our fundraiser, Mardi Crawl.
- Adopt-a-Highway – Feb 4th – time TBD
PAST – Volunteer Opportunities
- November 5th 11am – Adopt-a-Highway Cleanup (Folly) – Will be at the Folly Beach Ramp at 11a. All clean-up materials provided. Lunch to follow (not provided)
- Sunday, Dec 4th – 2 shifts (11:30am – 2pm or 2p – 4:30pm) – Wine Under the Oaks at Boone Hall Benefitting American Red Cross
The Club is donating a gift basket – can use more help on that
15 members have volunteered. Still need 9 more volunteers
Contact Tamara via Yahoo Group
PAST Volunteer Opportunities:
- October 8th 2pm – 5:30pm – Volunteer at Citadel Game For RMH. Need 4 people. To volunteer – email Volunteer@RMHCharleston.org
- October 8th 11am – Adopt-a-Beach on Sullivan’s Island We will meet in front of Dunleavy’s – Contact Mary Huffman via Yahoo group with questions
- October 15 registration 9am, walk 10am – “Walk A Mile in Her Shoes” – Tammy and Mike challenge you to “Walk a Mile in her Shoes”. Male volunteers are asked to march against domestic violence and sexual assault wearing women’s high heels. More info TBA
- October 23rd 8am – 11am – RMH Red Shoe Walk –70 people are needed for various shifts/jobs. Sign up by emailing: volunteer@RMHCharleston.org or sign up – http://www.rmhcharleston.org/red-shoe-walk